Full name of legal entity: Traveller Chair Limited
Registered address: Unit 6 Heritage Business Centre, Derby Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1SW, United Kingdom
The information we hold about you needs to be accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What type of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Traveller Chair Limited collects the following data:
- Name – we need this information to tailor our emails to you.
- Email address – we need this information to communicate with you via email, we do not give emails to third parties unless you specifically say that we can.
- Phone number – we need this in case there is a problem with your order, and we need to contact you.
- Address – we need this to be able to deliver your order.
- Country – we need this to understand where to deliver your order to.
- Mobility Status – we need this to tailor the marketing information we send to you if you agree to this.
- How you heard about us – we ask for this information so that we know what marketing tactics are working and which ones we should continue using based on how people hear about us. We may use this data in anonymised format for market research.
We may process your information for the following categories of personal data about you (some of which overlaps with the list above):
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data to communicate with you, for record-keeping and the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain backups of our website and databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to administer our website and our business properly.
- Technical Data includes data about your use of our website and online services; for example, includes your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths. Also, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to administer our website and our business properly and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from our third parties and us and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data, and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you. (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which are to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you other than whether you have reduced mobility. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between you and us do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered, but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your data for a purpose it is collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
How do we collect your data?
We may collect data about you by providing the data directly to us (for example, by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails). We may automatically collect specific data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers like Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
We may receive data from a 3rd party who has referred you to Traveller Chair Ltd. In this case, we will reach out to you a maximum of three times unless you ask us to stop reaching out to you before we’ve reached the three attempts, at which point, we will immediately stop attempting to contact you. You have the right to ask to be removed from our system.
You directly provide Traveller Chair Limited with data, and we collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products
- Complete a register of interest form
- Complete a refer a friend form
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Complete an online questionnaire
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
Traveller Chair Limited collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account
- Keep you informed of new developments within Traveller Chair Limited
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you may like
- Contact you for research on new product development
- In anonymised format for market research
If you agree, we will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
- Third-party distribution companies
Our appointed data processors include: Zinc Digital Creative Marketing Ltd, UK Reg Co 12159042
When we process your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Our lawful ground of processing your data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your data with any third party for their marketing purposes, we will get your express consent.
You have the right at any time to stop Traveller Chair Limited from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to our partner companies.
You can ask third parties or us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Disclosure of your data
We may have to share your data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services such as Eventbrite, MailChimp, GoSquared, Stripe, PayPal, GSuite, Quickbooks, WooCommerce.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your data and to treat it following the law. We only allow such third parties to process your data for specified purposes and following our instructions.
International transfers of your data
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services such as Eventbrite, MailChimp, GoSquared, Stripe, PayPal, GSuite, Quickbooks, WooCommerce
We are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations that protect your data. Where we transfer your data to third parties outside of the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your data. As such:
- We may transfer your data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- Where we use certain service providers who are established outside of the EEA, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Traveller Chair Limited securely stores your data on our cloud server with SSL encryption.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your data on our instructions, and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of an offence as we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these will be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep necessary information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Traveller Chair Limited would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request a copy of your data. We may charge a small fee for this.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete any information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data, under certain circumstances.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing your data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Write to us at Traveller Chair Limited, Unit 4A Goods Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1UU, United Kingdom
You will be asked to pay a fee of £10 to access your data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information about your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For more details on cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- For marketing purposes
- For targetting purposes
What type of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies. However, our website uses:
- Functionality – Traveller Chair Limited uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are. We use a mix of first-party and third-party cookies.
- Advertising – Traveller Chair Limited uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners, which means that when you visit another website, you will be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Targetting – Facebook places both a Pixel and a cookie, that enables Traveller Chair to measure, optimise and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook. In particular, it allows Traveller Chair to see how our users move between devices when accessing the Traveller Chair website and Facebook account, to ensure that Traveller Chair’s Facebook advertising is seen by those users who are most likely to be interested in such advertising by analysing which content a user has viewed and interacted with on the website. For further information, please see https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the website allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. In a few cases, however, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Write to us at Traveller Chair Limited, Unit 4A Goods Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1UU, United Kingdom.
How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you wish to report a complaint, or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern satisfactorily, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Phone: 0303 123 1113
WIN A Traveller Chair Competition Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is: Traveller Chair Ltd (company no. 12094607) whose registered office is at Unit 6 Heritage Business Centre, Derby Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1SW.
- The competition is open to residents living anywhere in the world aged 18 years or over except employees of Traveller Chair and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.travellerchair.com/win/. Information about the campaign is being posted on social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 9th June 2020. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: The prize is a Traveller Chair, which will be delivered to the prize winner in approximately August 2020. The exact date for delivery will be communicated to the prize winner closer to the time. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by the Traveller Chair team.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn/ Twitter/YouTube within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize will be delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Traveller Chair ‘s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- Traveller Chair shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Traveller Chair also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.